Way out west
BUMBLE AND BUMBLE : AT BAND OF OUTSIDERS
Some pictures I took at the beautiful Band Of Outsiders Fall 2012 show, where I met up with Bumble and Bumble to check out the hair. Here the girls were being styled with the perfect center parted rolled out of bed look. Or in this case, rolled out of the sand and then tumbling out of a backdrop of lone rock formations at dusk. Lead hairstylist Duffy, explains that kind of imagery of a dusty landscape influenced the look and texture of the hair. The end result was "dry and dead," but with a "realness" which was brought to life on the runway. Hair was tucked into the collection's amazing oversized long coats and left to unravel as the girls moved through the mountains.
The steps to get this kind of hair...
1. Saturate the hair with Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray, from roots to end.
2. Part hair down the middle, using no brush, just use your hands.
3. Once the product has dried out, continuing to use no brush,
back comb the hair on each side and then fix each side back into the center part.
4. Finish off with a generous amount of Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray (my fave!)
5. Get out your favorite coat, leave your hair tucked in, go west.